Wednesday, June 27, 2012

From the Ground Up: Socks

I know this might be a bit weird. You might be thinking "How can you do a whole post on socks?" Well let me tell you, there are a few rules about socks, but this is going to be one of my shorter posts. Here are four rules to remember when wearing socks:

  1. White at the gym, Black & Gray everywhere else White socks are alright to wear 24/7 when you're little, but now it's time to upgrade your wardrobe. There are plenty of places to buy black and gray socks. I bought a bundle of gray socks at H&M that have a colored stripe around the top to keep them in pairs.
  2. Spice it up with some color Never be afraid to buy bold colors. Especially now with men dressing up everyday, it doesn't hurt to be bold. If I saw someone rest their foot on the knee and I saw a bright red sock, I wouldn't be like "Dude, slow your row". I would like "That's what's up!" and give him a high-five. 
  3. Matching never hurt It never hurts to match your socks with a pocket square or with your tie. It will show people not only did you take the time to put this outfit together, but that you thought ahead of time to buy colors that coordinate.
  4. No socks? A very new trend is to rock dress shoes with no socks. Certain shoes look good without socks so use this lightly. If perfected, you will look super clean.
That's all I have on socks. I told you it would be a shorter post. Feel free to leave a comment with thoughts or other suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment