There are several things you could be thinking based on the image above..
- This is a fashion blog, not a place for movie reviews.
- That movie came out years ago.
- That scene from Up was fantastic!
All of those are valid responses (especially the last one). I was thinking the other day about what the concept of this blog is. It's not really all about fashion. The idea of Predicate is to have sophistication in what you wear. So the theme of the blog should be mainly fashion, but also about other acts of class. This being one of the others.
If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. Although it is a quality film, I'll only be writing about a small section of it. Before you continue this post, I recommend watching this.
I know this isn't a true story, but I feel that the message of this small portion of the film should be applied to every man's life. Not only to married men, but men in any type of relationship. So here are my four tips on being a man of class in a relationship:
- Your goal is her happiness. I'm not saying to be constantly asking her "Are you happy? What can I do for you? Did I do alright?" That would annoy anyone. My thing is that we need to pick up on subtle hints more (I say "we" because I need to work on it too). The small things are noticed the most and they can make a big difference in how a woman feels.
- Put yourself in her shoes. If you're like me, you can get annoyed easily by persistence. I think one of the things that helps me calm down and become more rational is to think of it from their perspective. Grace is a wonderful thing that everyone could give a bit more of.
- Chivalry is not dead. I don't care if you're married, in a relationship or single. Chivalry is undoubtedly the best way to be a gentleman. Little things like holding the door for women makes them feel good about themselves.
- Enjoy! You're in relationship with someone who, most likely, loves to be around you. Don't take that for granted. That is one of my biggest flaws. When I'm in relationships, I get bogged down by being in a "relationship routine" that I forget to enjoy the person I'm with.
There are many, many more things that men can do to be a gentleman. These are just a view of the things that I think are important. Leave a comment below and tell me what you think is important for men to do in relationships.